RESPONSIBILITY

While making my research, I came across a short story that I liked and I’ll share it with you.

Four college students went out partying one fateful night and missed a test scheduled for the next day. They had already made up a lie to tell the lecturer which was that the tyre of their car burst. Successfully telling the lecturer, the test was rescheduled. Unknowingly to them, the lecturer had already rearranged their seats so that they would all be in four different classrooms.

The test question: Which tyre burst?

Option A: Front right

Option B: Front left

Option C: Back right

Option D: Back left


Oh well, you may not find this funny but I do and what’s the moral of this short story?



Be responsible, learn to own up for your actions.



Be responsible, my mother’s favourite two words.😊

I used to be really angry and hurt every time my mum uttered these two words to me until recently when I found the actual meaning of responsibility.

What do you think it means?🤔


Okay now, let me give a dictionary meaning of responsibility. It is the state of being accountable or answerable. Now not to bore you, a simpler definition of responsibility means to do the things you are expected to do and accept the consequences of your actions.


As humans, we have one major responsibility which is to follow our own heart.📝

There are other responsibilities oo… but I just feel like this is the major one. If you’re able to follow your heart, then I believe all things will fall in place.

Being responsible is quite difficult because, you know you have to do what you are expected to do, even if its not easy or fun as we all know responsible people are always counted on.😩


Although, everyone is on you to do the right thing… (what they expect) but responsibility is not just about that. As I said earlier, following your heart i.e. making the right choices and acknowledging the consequences whether good or bad as we all know the saying “You are responsible for your actions”


There are so many attributes of a responsible person but I’ll just give a few.

1. Courage: Definitely, definitely, a responsible person must be able to own up to what they believe…it’ll be difficult I tell you as so many people expect you to ‘go with the crowd’.

If ‘the crowd’ ways and opinions do not match yours and doesn’t make you comfortable, my dear readers, build up that courage to stand out💪.


2. Accountability: This is owning up for your actions. This is thinking about what may happen as a result of your actions and decide whether to do it. To be tagged responsible, this is an essential trait thou must possess.


If you know the right thing to do and you do it, and you’re able to do positive things that have impacts on people, you get a medal🎖, Congratulations, you are responsible.👏


Aside these aforementioned traits, there are personal responsibilities like house chores, cleaning of rooms, taking the trash out and even doing the dishes. As little as these may seem, they are responsibilities you should carry out.

Also social responsibilities as respecting others, not judging, helping others and the rest.


Okay now, let me leave you with some simple tips on how to act responsibly,

1. Follow the rules

2. Tell the truth

3. Admit your mistakes

4. Finish tasks with care and on time

5. Always act appropriately.


There’s a last thing I’ll add. 

What do you think your responsibilities are as believers?

1. Watch: watch your way of life, your temper, your speech (Mark 13 vs 35-37)👀

2. Stand firm in the faith: Put on the whole armour of God (Ephesians 6 vs 13)💪

3. Be brave: Be strong and of good courage (Joshua 1 vs 6)

4. Love one another: this is probably the hardest but you know, you gats love (John 15 vs 12)❤

5. Be obedient: Follow instructions (2John 1 vs 6)👂

With these, you should be good

Comment. Thank you. ✌️ 




Post a Comment

2 Comments

Bodavinel said…
I have never been body shamed
Bodavinel said…
I have never been body shamed